There are books so alive that you're always afraid that while you weren't reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away. No one has stepped twice into the same river. But did anyone ever step twice into the same book? - Marina Tsvetaeva
1) Please be polite. People start getting rude, they get kicked out.
2) The first week of each month I will accept one nomination from each of the members for the next month's book. Members will nominate by posting to the initial entry made by me asking for the nominations, that way it's all nice and organized. At the end of that week, I'll put a list together and each member will get to vote (again as a reply to the List Entry - organization people) for the next months book. Once all the votes are in, I'll post the next book.
3) All members must submit their nominations in the following format: Title: Author: Reason for Nomination:
4) During the reading you can post anything you want about the book without giving too much away that is, any feelings or impressions that you might have, or just general observations. The last week of the month will be when we can discuss anything and everything about the book without worrying about giving away too much information about it. So, we all get three weeks to read the book give or take, then one week to really discuss it. So if you don't finish reading the book in those first three weeks, don't be upset when people give away key points in the story.
5) Try not to nominate books that are extremely rare or difficult for the other members to obtain a copy. What's the point?
6) Try to post entries into this community. I want this community to not be like most of the others out there where we all read a book a month and never talk about it at all. Plus, since I'm giving the invite to all of my LJ friends, we all pretty much know each other already so there's no reason to be embarassed about anything.
Hopefully as time goes on, I'll make changes to this community and 'pretty' it up, but for now it's pretty bare bones.
"Riding In Cars With Boys" by Beverly Donofrio
"Snow Falling On Cedars" by David Guterson
"Interview With The Vampire" by Anne Rice
"Audrey Hepburn's Neck" by Alan Brown "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom "An Artist Of The Floating World" by Kazuo Ishiguro